At 3.00pm approximately 46 Hashers set off from Clontarf. The runners were sent off towards the sands of Middle Harbour, along the coast walk towards Manly, up and down endless hills and steps and twenty minutes later landed back at the reserve! The walkers went off along the beautifully scenic Clontart to the Spit Track with the small pack of runners trying in vain to catch up. Of course the amazingly agile FRB’s, Cinders, Starboard caught them up and passed them.
The majority, after dicing with death crossing Spit Rd, enjoyed a G & T. overlooking Middle Harbour before heading back along the out trail. There were a few exceptions, Breathless was found ‘sitting in state’ overlooking Spit Bridge declaring that was as far West as he would go, and that was that! Donga decided the bridge would go up, separating him from the mainland as did Centrepoint and Pee Dub so didn’t join the cocktail hour preferring to get on with the trail blazing. Mongrel, Old Hand, Quiet Achiever, NSOM and Mother followed on like a bunch of kiwi sheep and were taken (on trail) under and up and back over The Bridge and up the hideous 200 stairs to Seaforth. Last Card Louis came racing up behind overtaking the pack, raced through the village before disappearing along the Ethel St overpass. The rest straggled along behind eventually arriving at the reserve to find Cinders and Starboard changed and calmly finishing their first drink – it was mentioned they short cutted but when it comes to the FRB’s whose to know!
Robin Hood and Inky arrived in together at the back of the pack – Robin now moving more freely than most on the trail.
Just Johnny and Loco went straight to the car to dry down, giving Quiet Achiever apoplexy thinking J.J. was lost on trail. Horny Hasher didn’t seem perturbed that his other half hadn’t arrived back!!! Was that wonderful beanie he was wearing one of the famous knitter’s creations?
Darwin Don was back from Ethiopia , fitter than ever, def. fitter than when he left our shores with the dreaded lurgy. The amazing man is off again shortly for more adventure.
How many men does it take to open a bottle of beer? Yakkity to give advice, Jungle Jim to twist without result and Centrepoint to open with a bottle opener on the second attempt!!!!
and the CIRCLE………….
- Geo called up the Hares and for comments on the trail – a joint whine from the circle complained there were not enough hills, steps, boats or parks – Crum shouting them down, called them a belligerent lot!
We discovered it was Next Weeks birthday and All Fours had generously allowed him to set the trail all on his own, for his birthday!
Donga organised a wonderful ‘rounder’ for the singing of Happy Birthday – and brilliantly sung it was too.
With all the excitement and enthusiasm, the trail didn’t get a score – being his birthday run it was definitely a 9.9.
- Crumpet was fined for not washing her hand for a month. After demanding George Gregan shake her hand, her hand has not seen a shower or basin since.
- Two became four when Centrepoint and Breathless admitted they hadn’t done the whole trail, and then Pee Dub and Siberia came clean as well. Siberia declined the charge as she was ‘a working woman at the hash and didn’t have time ’ and so promptly received another down-down.
- Jungle Jim and Darwin Don had both returned from their travels in time for a down-down.
- Geo then called Inky for the Hash Prayer – Crum asked for an earlier rendition in the future so everyone could drink without feeling guilty? As if!
- Hanoi Bill was charged for being very, very, very late.
- 50 run horns were presented to Siberia and Seaman. Seaman enjoyed massaging the rubber bit while he drank his down-down, Siberia complained she’s run 100 trails, not 50!
Horny Hsher and Loco (celebrity knitter)
Leslie – friend of Hand Job
Mile High – Harriette
Parking Pussy – Harriette
Isabelle – daughter of Inky
Luke – boyfriend of Isabelle
Fiona – friend of Stormy
And FROM THE CIRCLE:
- Parking Pussy from the Harriettes announced her State of Origin trail on Wednesday next, starting from the Mosman Hotel.
- Kaffir2 wanted to know why Starboard had not told anyone about the manufactured marihuana or brought any along for her running mates.
- Even though Penile Dementia was in fine voice as usual, Darwin Don insisted on singing a song about boxes of cherries to Starboard.
Geo called social drinking and the troops demolished the pasta and sauces and then the birthday candles were lit on the cake and Happy Birthday sung (properly) again.
NEXT AUGUST RUN:
Kaffir2 – at a place to be announced when he’s analysed the long range weather forecast.
Anyone wanting to set the run for September, please let her know.